Publications on Skanda-Murukan
Available from IAS Publications Division:
Souvenir of the First International Conference on Skanda-Murukan
- Tamil Traditions on Subrahmanya-Murugan by Kamil V. Zvelebil, 142 pages (1991). US$15
- Kataragama: The Mystery Shrine by Patrick Harrigan, 145 pages (1998). US$8. See also:
277 pages (1998). US$15
Prices of IAS books are inclusive of handling and air mail postage. Checks, international money orders or demand drafts payable to "Institute of Asian Studies" may be sent to:
Institute of Asian Studies
Chennai - 600 119 India
Enquiries and book orders may be placed by e-mail to Institute of Asian Studies.
Other publications on Skanda-Murukan include:
- The Many Faces of Murukan by Fred W. Clothey 1978 Mouton Publishers (outstanding reference work)
- On Karttikeya by Upenra Thakur (Varanasi: Chaukhambha Orientalia, 1981) 114 pp. + 43 b/w plates. IN Rs 200/ Order from Indica Books.
- The Cult of Skanda-Karttikeya in Ancient India by Asim Kumar Chatterjee (out of print?)
- Skanda by Hilda Charlton (Woodstock, New York: Golden Quest, 1989) 118 pp. Available for US$7.95 from Golden Quest, PO Box 190, Lake Hill, NY USA. Extracts and ordering information found at the Hilda Charlton Website.
- Katirkama Pirapantankal (Tamil) by Santana Nallalingam (Chennai: Kanthalakam, 1995) 336 pp. Available for US$10 from Kanthalakam Publishers, 834 Anna Salai, Chennai - 600 008 India.
- Tiru Kumaran Adiyar Puranam (Tamil) by Sankarananda Swamigal, 348 pp. Available for US$5 only from Swami Shankarananda, Om Murugasramam, 12 Srinivasapillai Street, West Mambalam, Chennai 600 033 India. E-mail enquires to MS Raghunathan.